Saturday 31 March 2012

Little by Little

I have not posted anything for some time, but just to let readers know that I am still here .....
Over the past few months life has been routine, humdrum, ordinary, and I have found nothing to blog about.  Things I might have blogged about others have done so much better!
Routine! There is nothing wrong with routine! Isn't that the lesson which St Theresa of Lisieux teaches us, with her Little Way.  It is easy to crave a little excitement in daily life, but it is the patient fulfilling of life's little chores which leads to sanctity. Well, I am still trying, and I think .. a long way to go yet!
I have given over most of the heavy work in the garden to a hired man. Apart from cutting the grass, in the past week he has cut down the mounds of pampas grass and opened up the pond and indeed the garden.Here are the latest photos of my pond (the fish are doing well and in the last few days of summery weather they have been eating as if it were the middle of August).

Now, of course, with an open border, I have to work out a strategy to fool Mr Heron and keep him from arriving for a fishing expedition! I have ordered fuchsias and geraniums for the gaps between the pampas grass.

1 comment:

  1. Why not erect a sign beside your pond saying 'No Fishing Without a Permit'. I have seen these in a number of places. If this fails then give your gardener a shotgun.

    ReplyDelete